Field of Expertise
- High-risk pregnancy
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Urinary incontinence
- Laparoscopic and hysteroscopy surgeries
- Vaginal surgeries
Dr. Walid Elsherbiny is a consultant and the head of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Medeor Hospital, Abu Dhabi.
He has over 21 years of experience in obstetrics & gynecology in Egypt and the UAE. He is a professor and consultant of obstetrics and gynecology at Cairo University and the vice-chair of the female genital malignancies' early detection unit.
Dr. Walid was nominated by the international federation of obstetrics and gynecology (FIGO) as one of 618 experts in obstetrics and gynecology that FIGO trusts their expert opinions.
He is a scientific editor in two of the top peer-reviewed journals and a peer reviewer in six of the top-ranked peer-reviewed journals. He is the lead or co-author of over forty research studies published in peer-reviewed periodicals or presented at medical conferences in his field; also, He is a fellow of the international college of surgeons, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Fellow of the International College of Surgeons, USA
FSH versus hMG: Gonadotropins are gonadotropins: AlInany H, Azab H, El Sherbiny W. " How to improve your ART Success Rates: An Evidence-Based Review of Adjuncts to IVF". 2011. Chapter 14, p75-79, Cambridge University Press.
The diagnostic accuracy of two- versus three dimensional sonohysterography for evaluation of the uterine cavity in the reproductive age. ElSherbiny W, El-Mazny A, Abou-Salem N, Mostafa WS.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2015 Jan. ;(22)1: 127-31.
- Molecular Diagnosis of Toxoplasmosis in Non Immune Pregnant Females. Amany A. Abdel Aal,Samar S. Attia, Nihal A. Hanafy, Abeer S. Al-Antably, Marwa A. Hassan, Walid El-Sherbiny, Aml S. Nasr. Maced J Med Sci. 2014 Sep 15; 7(3):415-420.
- Flow cytometric assessment of endothelial and platelet microparticles in preeclampsia and their relation to disease severity and Doppler parameters. Salem M, Kamal S, El Sherbiny W, Abdel Aal AA. Hematology. 2014 Jul 7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Prevalence of coagulation factor XIII and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 gene polymorphisms among Egyptian women suffering from unexplained primary recurrent miscarriage. Elmahgoub IR, Afify RA, Abdel Aal AA, El-Sherbiny WS.J Reprod Immunol. 2014 Jun; 103:18-22.
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) (Glu298Asp) and urotensin II (UTS2 S89N) gene polymorphisms in preeclampsia: prediction and correlation with severity in Egyptian females. Walid S. ElSherbiny, Ahmed S. Nasr, Aml Soliman. Hypertension in Pregnancy Aug 2013, Vol. 32, No. 3, Pages 292-303
- Effect of intra-abdominal instillation of lidocaine during minor laparoscopic procedures. El-Sherbiny W, Saber W, Askalany A, El-Daly A, Sleem A. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2009 Sep;106(3):213-5.
- Value of 3-Dimensional Sonohysterography for Detection of Intrauterine Lesions in Women with Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Abou-Salem N, El-Mazny A, El-Sherbiny W. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, 2010 Mar-Apr; 17(2):200-4.
- Insulin resistance, dyslipidemia, and metabolic syndrome in women with polycystic ovary syndrome El-Mazny A, Abou-Salem N, El-Sherbiny W, El-Mazny AH. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 2010, May; 109 (3): 239-241.
- Outpatient Hysteroscopy: A Routine Investigation Prior to Assisted Reproductive Techniques? El-Mazny A, Abou-Salem N, El-Sherbiny W, Saber W. Fertil Steril.2011 Jan;95(1):272-6.
- Value of 3-Dimensional Sonohysterography in Infertility WorkUp. El-Sherbiny W, Nasr A. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011 Jan-Feb; 18(1):54-8.
- Elevated serum-soluble Fas in preeclampsia: correlation with clinical, laboratory, and Doppler parameters. ElSherbiny W, Soliman A, El-Mazny A. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2011; 30(2):221-30.
- Placental Protein 13 as an Early Predictor in Egyptian Patients with Preeclampsia, Correlation to Risk, and Association with Outcome: El Sherbiny WS, Nasr A, Soliman A. J Investig Med. 2012 Jun; 60(5):818-22.
- Metalloprotease (ADAM12-S) as a Predictor of Preeclampsia: Correlation with Severity, Maternal Complications, Fetal Outcome, and Doppler Parameters: El-Sherbiny W, Nasr A, Soliman A. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2012; 31(4):442-50.
- Antimullerian hormone as a predictor of ovarian reserve after laparoscopic ovarian drilling: ElSherbiny W, Al-Inany H, Ibrahim M, Harb H. HUMAN REPRODUCTION 25, I83-I84, 2010.
- Treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine leiomyoma with the levonorgestrel releasing intrauterine system: Shawki O, El-Sherbiny W, Saber W, Askalany A, El-Daly A. Gynecol. Surgery journal, 2009 Nov; 6(4):331–337
- Assessment of endometrial receptivity in unexplained infertility by Doppler ultrasound and interleukin-1. Motawe M., Abuleil Z., Shaaban Y., Azab H., Alsaeed M., El-Sherbiny W. The Middle East Fertility Society Journal, 2008; Vol. 13. No. 3.
- Footwear and postural changes in the third trimester of pregnancy: El-Sherbiny W, Farouk A, El-Badry M, El-Mekawy M, El-Inany H. Anatolian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2010; 2 (2).
- Circulating microparticles in preeclampsia: ElSherbiny W, KAMAL S. Anatolian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2009; 1 (4).
- A Comparative Study of Mixed Urinary Gonadotrophins Regimens. Al-Sharkawy SH., Amer M., Motawe M., Al-Shahed M., El-Sherbiny W. The Medical Journal of Cairo University, Vol. 76 No. 4, suppl. December 2008
- New attempts in diagnosing and Managing the Endometrial Mucosal Factor in Unexplained Infertility Ali E., Bousely T., Yassin R., El-Sherbiny W., Thabet S. Scientific Medical Journal (Egypt), Vol. 21 No. 1,January 2009.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone Administration to Women during Ovarian Stimulation Is Detrimental To IVF Outcome. Kilani Z., Shaban M., Haj Hassan L., El-Sherbiny W. KAJOG, 2010; 1(3), 101-6.
- Adding GnRH Antagonist In IUI Cycles Decreased The Complications And Didn't Affect The Outcome In Women With PCOS: Aletaibi F, El-Sherbiny W, Nasr A. Evidence Based Women's Health Journal, 2011; 1 (1).
- Serum Endoglin and Hepatocyte Growth Factor; Correlation with the clinical presentation of breast Cancer patients. El-Kashif A., Kamal M., Fathy M., ElSherbiny W. PAJO, 2010; 3(4),14-19.